ICEM provides the following technical services:
- Climate change modeling: Developing assessments and predictions on the impacts of climate change, based on variable factors and inter-connected sectors. Providing policy recommendations to relevant stakeholders.
- Environmental impact assessment: Developing and implementing systems for strategic environmental assessment and EIA and in the conduct, piloting and demonstration of specific SEAs and EIAs.
- Environmental and ecological economics: Pioneering and implementing economic tools and mechanisms which emphasize the biophysical foundations of economies and stress the interdependencies between natural and social systems – including costs and benefit analysis and alternative policies to deal with air pollution, water quality, toxic substances, solid waste, and climate change.
- Integrated natural resource management: Advising governments on integrated policy, planning, and management of natural resources, especially relating to water and river basins.
- GIS and spatial analysis: Using geographical information systems and models to identify relationships, analysis impacts and define options for management of natural resources and systems.
- Protected areas management: Building national systems of protected areas – including policies and institutions, regulations and guidelines, landscape and site planning, management and training.
- Biodiversity conservation: Supporting countries in implementing the global Convention on the Conservation of Biological Diversity and related international agreements – including through surveys, monitoring, information systems, rehabilitation and management.
- Community engagement: Building structures, methods and processes to promote community participation and involvement, through action research, community ‘ownership’ and increasing the sustainability of all our projects.