Environmental Study of the Lancang-Mekong Development Plan (LMDP)
Donor / Partner: Critical Ecosystem Partnership Fund (CEPF) | Duration: 2016-2017 | Location: Thailand, Lao PDR
The environmental study aims to engage riparian communities, MRC member countries and local government in an exploration of the potential environmental impacts of the LMDP, and to support Mekong countries in ensuring that potential impacts of the LMDP are managed through appropriate enhancement and mitigation measures.
Implementation of the study includes:
- Key issues for biodiversity and navigation development
- Trends in the key issues without the LMDP
- Impacts of the LMDP on each of these trends
- Risks to be avoided or mitigated and benefits to be enhanced
> View presentations delivered at the first stakeholder workshop that took place at the 2016 Greater Mekong Forum on Water, Food and Energy:
– Project introduction and overview;
– Initial hydrology and sediment baseline;
– Fish biodiversity; and
– Bathymetric survey.