ICEM provides the following technical services:
- Climate change modeling: Developing assessments and predictions on the impacts of climate change, based on variable factors and inter-connected sectors. Providing policy recommendations to relevant stakeholders.
- Environmental impact assessment: Developing and implementing systems for strategic environmental assessment and EIA and in the conduct, piloting and demonstration of specific SEAs and EIAs.
- Environmental and ecological economics: Pioneering and implementing economic tools and mechanisms which emphasize the biophysical foundations of economies and stress the interdependencies between natural and social systems – including costs and benefit analysis and alternative policies to deal with air pollution, water quality, toxic substances, solid waste, and climate change.
- Integrated natural resource management: Advising governments on integrated policy, planning, and management of natural resources, especially relating to water and river basins.
- GIS and spatial analysis: Using geographical information systems and models to identify relationships, analysis impacts and define options for management of natural resources and systems.
- Protected areas management: Building national systems of protected areas – including policies and institutions, regulations and guidelines, landscape and site planning, management and training.
- Biodiversity conservation: Supporting countries in implementing the global Convention on the Conservation of Biological Diversity and related international agreements – including through surveys, monitoring, information systems, rehabilitation and management.
- Community engagement: Building structures, methods and processes to promote community participation and involvement, through action research, community ‘ownership’ and increasing the sustainability of all our projects.
- Application of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles: Application of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) or drones for aerial photography and videography, visual surveying and monitoring, Digital Elevation Model (DEM) and Digital Surface Model (DSM) topographical surveying and terrain modeling. Download our UAV Capacity Statement.