ICEM specializes in the following areas
ICEM is established as an international leader in climate change impact assessment, adaptation and mitigation planning. Advanced climate, hydrological, hydrodynamic and integrated assessment modelling, GIS analysis and economic valuation tools have been specifically designed and proven in the region as part of our climate change adaptation and mitigation methodology.
ICEM has been involved in water resources survey and management in Asia and the Pacific for over 2 decades, focusing on projects in watershed management, survey and conservation of marine and freshwater habitats, rural drinking water supply and quality, economic valuations of ecosystem services and modelling of hydrology and water availability. ICEM is a leader in the Mekong region for its hydrological modeling work, its flood and drought studies, in understanding wetlands and in studying the effects of infrastructure developments and climate change on water resources and hydrodynamics. We have been extending this work to other regions and countries, most recently in Nepal.
ICEM is committed to helping countries in the Asia-Pacific achieve access to clean energy, low carbon technology and renewables whilst focusing on energy efficiency, multi-use hydropower and sustainable energy solutions. With energy demand projected to almost double in the Asia and Pacific region by 2030, there is an urgent need for innovative ways to generate power while at the same time reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
ICEM is a global leader in Strategic Environmental Assessment and other forms of integrated environmental assessments. Our focus on integration underpins a longstanding commitment to ecological sustainability and social equity and an understanding that those imperatives lay the foundation for economic development. ICEM’s spatial approach using GIS analysis and an emphasis on understanding effects across political, administrative and sector boundaries ensures that unwanted and unplanned impacts can be avoided or mitigated and benefits enhanced.
ICEM works on all dimensions of disaster risk reduction: understanding disaster risk through multi-hazard risk modeling and vulnerability assessment; managing risk through strengthening disaster risk governance; and building resilience through community based risk reduction interventions and mainstreaming of disaster and climate risks into socio-economic development planning and investments.”
- ICEM leads the field in the management of programs and projects in the Asia-Pacific related to climate change, biodiversity, natural resource management, water and energy
- ICEM provides advisory services for the conservation and sustainable use of natural resources
- ICEM seeks to help shape development in ways that reduce poverty and sustain efficient and equitable management of natural resources, in collaboration with local, national and international partners
- ICEM works through piloting and demonstration, capacity and institution building, collaborative research and policy studies, networking and knowledge dissemination
- ICEM supports national and local governments in analyzing sustainable development problems and options, and in defining priorities for action
- ICEM acts as a facilitator and catalyst in bringing together the skills, organizations and resources needed to address sustainable development priorities