Capacity Development Manual for the UNECE Protocol on SEA
About: ICEM developed a manual for the capacity development programs concerning the practical implementation of the SEA Protocol to the UNECE Convention on EIA in a Transboundary Context.
The manual covers key issues that should be considered when 36 signatory countries to the SEA Protocol implement this first international legal instrument on SEA.
This comprehensive document offers a set of texts, slides and tasks for practical work during trainings on various aspects of SEA.
Part A of the Manual addresses the application of the Protocol by describing :
- Aims, roles, benefits and global evolution of SEA
- Application of the SEA Protocol to plans and programs
- Application of the SEA Protocol to policies and legislation
- Options for applying the SEA Protocol within various planning and programming processes
- Basic applicable methods and tools that may be used in the practical undertaking of SEA
- The broad concept of capacity development for SEA
- Set of tasks that can be used to design practical work on case studies within SEA training and capacity development programs