Survey of the Pollution in the Dong Nai River Basin and Danang
About: ICEM conducted a background study to inform the design of a USD 50 million water pollution control fund sponsored by JICA. A fund was created to address key point sources of water pollution in the Dong Nai river basin and Da Nang city.
There were a number of substantive elements to the study:
- Survey of key sources of water pollution in the survey areas and water quality resulting from this
- Review of legislation relating to water pollution nationally and in the project area
- Actual survey of demand for pollution control funds at polluting establishments, covering over 50 in the project area
- Review of local level funding mechanisms already in place
- Review of waste water treatment costs and technologies; and,
- Review of other donor activities in pollution control in Vietnam.